An excursion to discover the authentic extra-virgin olive oil of the Valley of Flowers: the ingredient at the base of the Mediterranean diet and the cuisine of the Italian Riviera
* Transfer from San Remo to Taggia along the Via Aurelia (15 km – 20 min approx.).
* Visit to the medieval town centre, the beautiful convent of San Domenico and the extensive art gallery.
* The trip proceeds to one of the many oil mills of the Valle Argentina, which extract the famous extra-virgin olive oil of the Riviera from the famous Taggiasca olives; here you can also purchase extra-virgin olive oil and typical local products directly from the producer.
* Lunch break and transfer to Imperia along the panoramic Via Aurelia (20 km – 25 min approx.)
* In Oneglia, visit to the Museum of the Olive with its comprehensive exhibition that gives you the chance to retrace the history of this staple ingredient of the Mediterranean diet from ancient to modern times. Shopping facilities in the adjacent grocery store, which also carries beauty products derived from olive oil.
* Return on the motorway (30km – 40 min approx).
THE EXCURSION INCLUDES
- Transfer in minibus with driver/guide
A LA CARTE SERVICES
- Tasting of local products for lunch in a location that is typical of the valley
THE EXCURSION DOES NOT INCLUDE
- entry tickets to museums and attractions
- anything that is not explicitly included in “the excursion includes”