An excursion to Genoa, to discover the greatness of the Maritime Republic, with the history of the magnificent Baroque Palaces and the modern architecture of the Porto Antico, once again the vibrant heart of the city.
* Transfer from San Remo to Genoa by motorway (140 km – 1h 30 min approx.).
* Stop at the Porto Antico, fully restored according to the plan devised by architect Renzo Piano on the occasion of the Columbus celebrations in 1992.
* Visit to the Aquarium of Genoa, the largest in Europe, where the habitats of the seven seas are replicated and where the sea creatures can even be touched!
* Near the Porto Antico, it is also possible to visit the Galata Sea Museum, which opened in 2004, and the splendid Palace of the Prince Andrea Doria.
*It’s also very interesting to visit the historic center, with its narrow little lanes, known in Genoese as carrugi, where the Renaissance Cathedral of San Lorenzo can be found.
*For lovers of art, a stop at the opulent Royal and Ducal Palaces is a must, as is a visit to the Museums of Strada Nuova, known as the Palazzi dei Rolli, and designated as World Heritage sites by UNESCO.
* Return on the motorway.
THE EXCURSION INCLUDES
- Transfer in minibus with driver/guide.
A LA CARTE SERVICES
- Lunch in a typical restaurant where you can taste the most authentic Genoese cuisine
- Entrance tickets to the Genoa Acquarium purchased in advance
- Entrance tickets to the Palazzi dei Rolli purchased in advance
- Tickets for art exhibitions at the Palazzo Ducale purchased in advance
THE EXCURSION DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Entry tickets to museums and attractions
- anything that is not explicitly stated in “the excursion includes”
TAKING A TRIP WITH YOUR CHILDREN
A visit to the Acquarium of Genoa is a must, but the Old Port also provides the opportunity to visit the Galleon used by Roman Polanski in his film “Pirates”, and the Città dei bambini, ideal for spending a family day out together.