An excursion to discover the oldest origins of the Italian Riviera, with the prehistoric remains of Toirano
and the historic centers of Finalborgo and Cervo.
* Transfer from San Remo to Toirano by motorway (70 km – 50 min approx).
* Visit to the beautiful caves of Toirano, rich in spectacular natural formations of concretions and traces of prehistoric inhabitants. Proceed to visit the intact medieval area of the town.
* Onwards to Finale Ligure (15 km – 20 min approx.) where you can visit the ancient medieval village of Finalborgo, secluded within its walls, which offers attractive opportunities for shopping and tasting of typical Ligurian specialities.
* On the way back home, stop at Cervo (40 km – 30 min approx.).
* Visit to the ancient village, which, unique to the Western coast, overlooks the sea and is dominated by the spectacular and majestic church of San Giovanni Battista, known as Chiesa dei Corallini, one of the most important examples of Baroque architecture on the Italian Riviera. On top of the hill, anchored to the rock, presides the Castle of Clavesana. The castle now houses the Ethnographic Museum of the Ligurian Coast.
* Return from San Bartolomeo by motorway (40 km – 30 min approx.)
THE EXCURSION INCLUDES
- Transfer in minibus with driver/guide.
A LA CARTE SERVICE
- Lunch in a typical restaurant where you can sample the most authentic Genoan cuisine.
- Admission tickets to the Grotte di Toirano purchased in advance.
THE EXCURSION DOES NOT INCLUDE
- tickets for entry to musems and attractions
- anything that is not explicitly stated in “the excursion includes”
- ON A TRIP WITH YOUR CHILDREN a visit to the Toirano Caves with your children will be an occasion for fun and discovery, which can continue in the afternoon with a visit to Le Caravelle Aquatic Park, with its swimming pools and breathtaking slides.